Are your teeth in the wrong position or out of alignment? If so, you may have malocclusions, which refers to bad misalignments with your smile. Correct all types of malocclusions with orthodontic treatments. Listed below are some common malocclusions that can occur:
– Crossbites: The lower jawbone projects out farther than the upper jawbone.
– Overbites, or Buck Teeth: Your upper incisors project out farther than the lower incisors.
– Deep Bites, or Closed Bites: Severe forms of overbites.
– Open Bites: Occur when your incisors do not fully meet when biting down.
– Misplaced Midlines: The center of your upper incisors (front teeth) are not lined up properly with the center of your lower incisors.
– Underbites, or Bulldog Teeth: Your lower incisors project out further than the upper incisors.
– Spacing Malocclusions: Malocclusions that happen due to overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Transposition Malocclusions: Teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space are called transposition malocclusions.
– Rotation Malocclusions: These often occur when teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
To learn more about which service you would prefer for treating your malocclusions, contact Omar Orthodontics at 703-423-0557. Come visit Dr. [doctor_name] and our team at our orthodontic office in Chantilly, VA by booking an appointment at your earliest convenience. Let us help you find your healthy smile.